With so many hoverboards up for grabs, it can be hard to tell where to start when you’re looking to get yourself a good one.
A lot of them have tons of features, and some of them are for specialty purposes. It can be hard to tell if you’re spending your money wisely. Are you spending money on things you don’t need? How do you determine how to set your budget for the right hoverboard?
It can be difficult to tell exactly what you need. There are models that are built to withstand hardcore tricks, simple hoverboards to help you get around, and some that aren’t fully loaded, but are durable enough to do what you’ll need them to.
The Shareconn Anhell Hover Boost Airboard seems to fall into the last category. It’s attracted a lot of positive attention from customers, but what do those customers use it for?
Is it too cheap to be good, or too good to be cheap?
Overview of the Shareconn Anhell Hover Boost Airboard Scooter
Anhell isn’t exactly an established name in the world of hoverboards. Though the brand hasn’t gained the reputation that many of the hoverboard giants have, it still stands strong with favorable reviews and positive testimony from its users.
This board is 6.5 inches, charges in about two hours, and the charge will last anywhere between seven and twelve miles, depending on the size of the rider and the speed they’re going. In terms of speed, this board’s speed varies between 10 and 15 kph, depending on the weight of the rider.
The hoverboard itself weighs 26 pounds, which is a bit heavier than some others. This board isn’t designed for tricks and steep hill climbing, so it doesn’t have to be as light as a board for that purpose. Since the hoverboard isn’t intended for that purpose, it isn’t designed with those features.
It does come with built in LED rights to boost your visibility at night, making for a safer ride. Other than that, you’re looking at a pretty standard board without any crazy extras.
One of the only unique features about this board is its branded Samsung lithium ion batteries. Because the batteries have a clear manufacturer, they’re easily replaced in the event that they’re worn down or damaged. Since they’re a universally recognizable part, you won’t have to special order them.
Pros and Cons
There’s an interesting mix of pros and cons on this board, and the consensus seems to be that this is a diamond in the rough. Some people have noticed some discrepancies in the item description and the product that actually arrived, leaving them a little frustrated.
Others are happy to sing the praises of an excellent quality hoverboard they found for an affordable price, because they’re really impressed by the large punch packed by such an inexpensive product.
- Samsung branded batteries are easy to maintain and replace. They offer a higher level of quality than the generic batteries found in most hoverboards.
- Large wheel size makes it easier for riders to navigate bumpier terrain.
- Very low price when compared to other boards, though this board is just about the same level of quality.
- Safer to charge for longer periods of time without having to worry about damage to the battery or internal components of the hoverboard.
- One year warranty protects your purchase, giving you peace of mind about the product.
- Most of the specifications use metric measurements, making it difficult for people who use the imperial system to understand.
- The specifications are wide for the speed and the battery life. Instead of an exact estimate, Anhell gives a general time frame because these things rely more on the rider than the hoverboard itself.
- The specifications of the item and the specifications in the manual are slightly different, but this could be due to the fact that the specifications are so wide.
- Material is prone to scratches, though this is mostly a cosmetic issue that won’t affect the integrity of the actual hoverboard.
What Reviewers Say
One reviewer is particularly impressed by the safety features of the board. She purchased it for her son, and noticed there were some safeguards in place to make sure the hoverboard works correctly. If you attempt to operate it improperly, red lights start flashing and the board will not move.
Reviewers seem to think this board is a very smooth ride, mostly because of the unique wheels. Because the large diameter of the wheels, the ride is more comfortable. The wheel absorbs the feeling of rocks and sticks, and even helps the rider navigate over small holes in the ground.
You can’t go wrong with an Anhell hoverboard. This board deserves a rating of 4.5 stars. Other than some minor miscommunication about some specifications of the board, there’s not many bad things to say about it. Users seem to be happy and feel safe using this board, and reviewers are happy to throw around phrases like “best bang for your buck”. The majority of people are overwhelmingly happy with their purchases from Anhell – both adults and younger riders alike.
This board is the best choice for a beginner. In terms of price alone, it’s hard to go wrong. You won’t be paying the exorbitant amount you may see on the price tags of hoverboards manufactured by bigger brands.
It has all the safety features that you want, and you don’t have to feel bad about letting kids and teens enjoy this hoverboard as long as they’re wearing the proper safety equipment.
You may not be able to perform tricks with this board, but everyone has to start somewhere. If you’re just interested in getting the hoverboard basics down, and possibly finding something to replace a bicycle with, this is going to be your best bet.
Overall, it’s worth it – especially for families with teenagers who will appreciate having this around the house.